P&L Princesa

P&L Princesa
Sprint Family Fun Day Drawing at the Power & Light District

Friday, August 22, 2008

Cinnamon Swirls with Golden Curls

There is nothing like an exteme lack of sleep to start your day off right. This morning I was so sleep deprived I didn't even have the energy to make oatmeal for Kate's breakfast. Matter of fact, I was so tired my lack of common sense was extremely numbed. Being the awesome rock star Mom that I am, I decided Kate should make her own breakfast which turned out to be more work than I bargained.

I pulled out the toaster, sliced bread, butter, sugar, and of course, cinnamon spice along with some perfectly ripe peaches. (Cinnamon tends to be the "spice" of choice with Kate lately.) I toasted the bread, spread some butter, poured sugar in a bowl, added a spoon, and handed over the cinnamon sprinkler. A fantabulous, creative breakfast was at our fingertips. So was a mess that I cleaned up an hour later.

Kate took her time spooning miniscule amounts of sugar onto her toast. It was amusing to watch her extreme perfection of making sure the exact amount of sugar was on every crumb evenly. When she began sprinkling the cinnamon over the sugar it was more like a fireworks show with spice flying here and there, a little bit of everywhere. Kate was so wild with the cinnamon I cut her fireworks display short.

The peaches, from Alldredge Orchard which we will pick our apples from this year, were perfectly ripe which also makes them overly juicey. Juicey, sticky, cinnamonish Kate was a edible mess from her golden locks all the way to her toes. I should have taken a picture.

2 comments:

msheavt said...

:) Cute! Sounds like a yummy breakfast...and a gross mess. :)

Tracy said...

You aren't kidding mess! My philosophy is EVERYTHING cleans up. . . everything. Including me when she uses me as a napkin because she HATES to have dirty fingers. Laughs. It is fun to watch her use Matt as a napkin when we go out to eat dinner instead of using the one we put in her lap. Gotta love that kid.