P&L Princesa

P&L Princesa
Sprint Family Fun Day Drawing at the Power & Light District

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Annie Annie Annie

The first "Annie" experience was terrible for Kate and I. How could I subject her to such torment? Kate cried when the orphans got in trouble, bawled when Sandy the dog was being teased by the mean boys, and cried when the policeman took Annie back to the orphanage. . . New Drinkard Household Rule: NO MORE ANNIE! I stopped the DVD instantly and held my child telling her princess stories about frogs and lillipads until she finally fell asleep. How could I subject Kate to such torment? What kind of mother was I exposing her to a mean nasty old woman in charge of emotionally abused abandoned dirty children? Oh yeah, I loved Annie as a child. So much that my Grandma Helen made me a duplicate red dress just like little orphan Annie's dress in the musical. This was the same DVD that I looked for EVERYTIME we went shopping at a store that sold DVDs. I felt terrrriiiiibbbbbllllleeeeeee! So what does Kate beg and plea her Daddy to watch the very next night? Annie. I warned him, expressed my concerns, and told him he was on his own. Despite all my Annie objections Matt gave in to Kate's relentless inquiries of watching Annie. I waited, and waited, and waited. . . no cries, no tears, no bottom lip hanging off a drooping face looking pitiful. I watched absorbing in concerned looks, smiles, and then belly laughs filled with glee. Now, Kate cannot get enough Annie and Matt and I have all the songs memorized. I even find myself singing them.

No comments: